Thursday, January 26, 2012

Unique Country Homestead Treasures

Tin bathtub, old ironing board and other items found at
Olde Farmhouse in Ashby, Mn

Wonderful oval shaped treenware bowl, old shoulder jugs (one
has a corncob with eyes!  Exit 55 Antiques  in Fergus Falls

Fun little end table:  handmade, with a hand painted
checker board.  Yesterdays in Alexandria, Mn

This is an awesome cast iron shoe----may have been used as a
door stop or as a symbol for a shoe store.  Yesterdays in Alex.
Country, primitive, homestead antiques make every home just a bit more special.  I like to refer to these items as a little past perfect.( Since I formerly taught English, this fits, doesn't it?)  Anyway, now I'll have to really be careful with spelling and correct grammar but give me a break.  Many items can also be placed in the category of folk art since really unique items were often made by someone who had a very creative mind and capable hands.  Sort of like a gardner having a green thumb.  Thought I would share a few items with you that would give some character to a shelf or table or mantle.  Expect to see more examples as I run across them.     (PSS----thanks for checking in on my last blog,  Echos Across the Prairie .....you may see that reappear in a future entry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment